The recipe for a strong community requires several key ingredients:
- Strong families. They are essential to strong communities. Families flourish when human life is respected and valued. Families are stronger when the rights of parents are not infringed.
- Economic vitality. The health of our communities depends on a vibrant economy that provides career opportunities which in turn builds a strong and functional economy
- Strong schools. We must provide a world-class education in order for every student to reach his or her full potential.
- Safe and affordable neighborhoods. We must continue to improve living conditions for all.
- Quality of Life. Continue focused attention to issues that make Whatcom County the best place to live, work and play.